قالب وردپرس درنا توس
Home / Health / Woman who cut leg in fall had to have both AMPUTATED after maggots infestation

Woman who cut leg in fall had to have both AMPUTATED after maggots infestation



A woman took the drastic decision to amputate her legs after waking up one morning to find sores on her branch crawling with worms.

Victoria Abbott-Fleming, now 40, had fallen from a series of stairs to work and assumed she had suffered a simple cut and small bruises.

But the wound would change her life forever, leaving her in constant agony and eventually leading to losing both legs.

He also thought of taking his own life when his right leg became so infected that one day he woke up alive with live worms, Wales Online reports.

"I went into the living room and I saw that something in my leg was moving and I thought my eyes were deceiving me," Victoria said, recalling the moment when she discovered the worms.

"When I saw it, I gave a harrowing scream and I fainted, my husband thought I was murdered



Victoria thought the pain in her legs was the result of a small fall

WARNING: SUCCESSIVE GRAPHIC PICTURES

"The only way to get rid of them was to put the disinfectant in water and throw it against me.

"But my leg was so painful that I seemed to have an acid bath."

Victoria, who studied at Aberystwyth University and had just passed her bar exam, was only 24 when she took some concrete steps in her work in November 2003.



Victoria said the pain in her legs made her feeling bad after falling off a flight of stairs

"When I got up, the pain hit me immediately, it made me sick," he added.

"I did not know if I had broken something at that moment but my car was about 100 meters away, so I managed to reach it.

" I called my husband and burst into tears. We lived about four miles away and I just wanted to go home so I drove – even if I do not remember doing it. "



The sores on Victoria's right leg were atrocious

When she got home, Victoria said that her right leg from the knee was" tripled. "

Instead of going to A & E, she decided to visit a walk-in center where she was given anti-swelling drugs and her wound was dressed.

" I played a lot of hockey so I was used to injuring but I never had anything like this, "added the 40-year-old.

" The pain felt that the boiling oil was poured on me 24 hours a day or like a hammer on my bone.

"We went to the hospital after the hospital, doctor after doctor, consultant after consultant – I think we saw a total of 39 – and none of them could offer any explanation as to why I was suffering. [19659002]" Many of them told me it was psychological. The depression hit me very badly and I was put on the tablet, but this only made things worse. I burst into tears in the smallest of cases, like an advertisement on TV.



The sores on Victoria's right leg began to "smell like rotten flesh"

"Because there were no answers I began to doubt myself and I think that maybe I was dreaming about this and that the pain was all in my head. "

Six months after the fall in Victoria, she was diagnosed with a complex regional pain syndrome (CRPS), a condition normally triggered by an injury but which ends up being much more severe and lasting than one would normally expect.

Despite being classified as a rare condition, it is thought to affect around 15,000 people in the UK each year.

"I was relieved to be finally labeled with a condition, and eventually I felt justified and could prove that I was not inventing anything," he added.



Before her injury, Victoria was athletic and outgoing

"I was left without support at the time Google was not like now, so I could find very little." [19659002BecauseofherconstantpainVictoriaendeduplosingherjobandbecameavirtualrecluseleavingonlyherhometogotothehospital

"If I went shopping, I should be very careful not to hit or touch my legs," he said.

"But in 2005 I was in a wheelchair and could not even wear shoes .. Having a shower looked like acid rain.

" My husband had fallen in love with an extrovert athletic and sportsman but I had become a hermit with black clouds constantly above me. I did not feel just like me. "



Victoria's fabric and bone on the right leg began to disperse

As her right the leg continued to deteriorate causing atrophy in which the skin, tissues and bones of the affected limb simply dissolve.

Soon open ulcers began to appear, swelling and "elephant skin" with a terrible odor.

"People they could hear me before they could see me. It was like rotting flesh, "he said.

" I took off many situations before the other person could say "Can you hear it?" I wanted to kill myself. "



Victoria and Michael decided to tie the knot before amputating her legs

But things hit bottom in August 2006 when Victoria, 26 years old , she woke up to find the leg crawling with worms.

"Automatically assume that the worms mean dirt, so I felt incredibly dirty," he said.

"Even before the worms appeared, I knew that I could go on with this leg so I made the decision to have it amputated. "

In April 2006, Victoria and her partner Michael decided to marry while she still had two legs, with the amputation just above the right knee that took place the following September.



Victoria's left before being amputated [19659008] (Image: Victoria Abbott-Fleming)

[1 9459002] He had another four inches taken off before the condition spread to his left leg that was amputated shortly before of his 36th birthday in December 2014.

"When he came to my left leg I saw a world specialist in CRPS who told us there was nothing he could do," he added.

"L & # 39 amputation occurred two days before my birthday and I spent the day in intensive care. It's not the best way to spend it, is not it? "

Victoria, who continues to feel swelling and pain in the leg strains, now takes 57 tablets every day.

She won a £ 2.1 million payment from the workplace where she had the fall – although it says that most of this went to medical expenses and moving in.



Victoria and Michael in Las Vegas for her 40th birthday in December 2018

Source link