The long-awaited Kingdom Hearts III comes out on January 29th and, if you're going to play it, I hope you have an internet connection at home. Because the epilogue will be added via patch the next day.
On Twitter this morning the publisher Square Enix presented the update program for the launch week of Kingdom Hearts III and includes an epilogue of Wednesday 30 January and a "secret movie" on Thursday, January 31st. The publisher also announced that it plans to apply a summary of previous games Kingdom Hearts on the day of launch.  Here's what Square said (reformatted for your convenience):
Kingdom Hearts III program to release the free game update
Tuesday 29 January:  Update 1.01 (different data corrections)
Memory archive (video)
* The Storage archive option will be added to the game's title menu and can be viewed at any time.
* The memory archive is a summary of the history of Kingdom Hearts in the series up to this point.
Wednesday 30 January: Epilogue (video)
* Players must have completed Kingdom Hearts III and watched the final to see this video.
Thursday, January 31: Secret (video)
* Players must have completed Kingdom Hearts III and watched the final, as well as fulfilling certain criteria during the game to view this video.
* The criteria vary according to the level of difficulty selected.
* The epilogue and the secret film are video content that will enhance the player's enjoyment in the world of Kingdom Hearts.
* These pieces of downloadable content are additional elements for Kingdom Hearts III  * The main game allows players to proceed and view the ending without the need for an Internet connection.
It's a disappointment for people who do not have a good internet connection and end up Kingdom Hearts III just to find out they do not understand history. But they can take comfort from the fact that those people who see the secret things will end up Kingdom Hearts III only to find out that they do not understand history.